Your bust is proportionately smaller than your hips and you have a well defined waist. It is the most common female body shape and often characterised by wearing a different size on top and bottom.
To create balance by visually widening the upper body, ie. bust and shoulder line.
L-R: Sheike Hurricane Coat in Limeaid $189.95, L.K. Bennett Lander Dress in Blue £245.00
L-R: Curacao Cotton Scarf at hardtofind.com.au $49.00, Snow Storm Wooden Necklace at hardtofind.com.au $45.00
L-R: David Lawrence Silk Blizzard Top $119.00, Jigsaw Paloma Suit Skirt $199.00
- Tops or jackets that are brighter or lighter in colour, patterned or with horizontal stripes.
- Striking necklaces or scarves that bring attention to your upper body.
- Jackets with shoulder pads or epaulettes.
- Tops or blouses with ruffles or other embellishments around the neckline.
- Tops with cap, puff or angled sleeves.
- Straight trousers or skirts in a darker or solid colour.
- Baggy pieces
- Full A-line skirts or dresses
- Straight or boxy dresses in stiff fabrics
Great places to shop
- David Lawrence
- Diana Ferrari
- Basque at Myer
- Karen Millen
- Jacqui E
- Anthea Crawford
- Carla Zampatti